Olen viime viikkoina pyöritellyt päässäni mahdollisia sarjisideoita. Hahmot eivät aina ole kovin yhteistyöhaluisia.
During the last weeks I have been mulling over potential ideas for comics. Characters are not always very cooperative.
- In a story, something has to happen, but we also have to get the characters involved. They need a motivation to take action.
Kurt Vonnegut has said that your character should always want something, even if it’s a glass of water.
- Wanna do something? | Hmm…
- Naah. Don’t feel like it.
- Ehm… Do you have any dreams or ambitions? Or maybe some problem that needs to be solved? | No, not really.
- Don’t you want anything?! …A glass of water from the kitchen? | I’m not thirsty.
- I’m gonna go to sleep now.
- Telling stories is hard.